OpenShot Video Editor is an award-winning free, multiplatform and open source video editing software. It is used to create and edit videos of many multimedia formats including those for YouTube, Vimeo, Flickr, Metacafe, Xbox, etc. It also supports different formats of audio/ video based on FFmpeg and allows creating three-dimensional animations, captions.
OpenShot video editor is the best video editor for Linux, Mac OS, and Windows. It was built by Python, GTK and MLT framework.
OpenShot 2.2 is released within the span of three months after the release of OpenShot 2.1 with a feature to playback and edits 4k video files.
The creator of OpenShot Mr. Jonathan Thomas is proud to announce that OpenShot 2.2 is ready to edit all the holiday videos faster, more stable and better than ever.
As per the user demand, OpenShort 2.1 was slightly unstable because of these OpenShot 2.2 has been released with below new features.
OpenShot 2.2 performance was been improved more than 10X when compared to OpenShot 2.1.System slowdown will not take place even Adding huge images to your timeline is now fully optimized. HD videos (4K, 5k, 2.5K and 1080p) are vastly improved. A new caching engine developed from the ground helps in supporting both memory and disk back ends as per the user needs and can be configured in the preferences under “Cache”.
With the release of OpenShot 2.2 many critical bugs have been fixed related to seeking, missing frame detection, and AVPacket scope, resulting in a much more stable engine, especially on slower systems, when compared with OpenShot 2.0 and 2.1 versions.
Key Frame Enhancements:
Usually, Key Frames are being used in animation system in OpenShot and have received major upgrades. Improvements have been made to keyframes such as better undo/ redo support at the time of dragging property, rendering color key frames on the timeline, frame detection when using the property editor.
OpenShot 2.2 has real-time error reporting, and be able to detect stack-traces for crashes and exceptions. Along with metric reporting preference can be disabled. It also contains no personal information, just a basic stack trace of what function crashed.
New Title Templates:
As per the request of many Kickstarter new title template as been added to OpenShot 2.2 with some additions such as Film Ratings, TV ratings and more.
Earlier open source project such as OpenShot required large amounts of data transfer by using Amazon S3 which lead to the cost of $1000.But now the installers have shifted to GitHub where there is no cost for the data transfer which helped to save a lot of money.
Critical Bug Fixes and Improvement:
- Introduce of New title templates along with some addition like film rating & TV rating into the OpenShot 2.2
- Selection Handle in progress.
- Drang and Drop a file directly on the timeline.
- Ability to disable unit tests, SSL Validations.
- New 2.5K and 4K HD profiles added.
- Alpha backgrounds have been fixed on all Blender animated titles
- Recently opened menu logic has been fixed
- Translations updated for 70+ languages
- Fixed bug when switching between Thumbnail and Detail views
- Broken Ubuntu 16.10 PPA fixed.
- Fixed bug when opening .OSP projects via command line.
- Fixed bug where the tutorial does not find the correct widget.
OpenShot Video Editor is an excellent option for HD multi-track video editing with many transitions and visual effects.
System Requirements for OpenShot Video Editor:
Windows Vista 64-bit / Windows 7 64-bit / Windows 8 64-bit / Windows 10 64-bit
OpenShot Video Editor Positives are:
- Edit video, audio and image formats using this Linux editor
- Drag and drop support within Gnome desktop environment
- Edit unlimited tracks layers, which expands the capability of editors’ imagination
- Cut, trim, scale, resize and edit clips
- Add video transitions and effects
- Add titles and subtitles
- Timeline with multiple track editing
- Playback window, Key Frame animation,
- Over 20 other video effects
- Zoom, pan, and other video effects built-in
- Share on YouTube, Vimeo and elsewhere
OpenShot Video Editor Negatives are Cons:
- Users need to download some other add-ons like PPA if the OS above Ubuntu 9.10.