MakeMkv is a converter or transcoder where you can able to watch your DVD, HD-DVD and blue ray discs on your computer. The MKV format stores multiple audio and video tracks and many players can play MKV files nearly on all platforms. MKV stands for ‘Matroska Video’, which is an open and free file format and supported by many software and hardware video players.
MakeMkv is available for all operating system such as windows Mac and Linux. MakeMkv can read different types of DVD and Blu-ray discs with various protection types and restrictions.
MakeMkv is open and free without any patents or licenses. This application can be used by anyone or can implement it freely by anyone. As a result, nearly every software player and many hardware devices support it. The best software players are (VLC, MPlayer) that has full MKV support and are absolutely free to use.
- Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win8 or Intel-based Mac OS X 10.6 and above
- 512MB RAM minimum, 1GB recommended (Program will run on computers with low memory amount but conversion speed will be very slow).
- 10 MB of hard drive space for program files.
Features of MakeMkv are:
- MakeMkv Reads DVD and Blu-Ray discs quickly and easily.
- Reads protected discs and preserve all the video and audio tracks, including HD audio without any problem.
- Keeps all of your chapter information intact.
- Preserves all of the meta-information on your discs like track language or audio type
- MakeMkv will convert very quick and fast so that drive can read the data.
- MakeMkv Doesn’t require any additional software like some other conversion programs
- Opens your DVD discs at absolutely no charge and always it stays free.
- Comes equipped with support for multiple languages.
- Uses a low usage of your system’s resources.
- Allows you to configure your audio and video parameters to your unique individual needs.
- MakeMkv files can be played on any capable hardware & does not any HDCP-certified video card or any “trusted” environment.
- MakeMkv files can be played anytime & anywhere by copying them to your laptop and watch anytime, even if your laptop lacks DVD or Blu-ray drive, or any drive whatsoever.
- MakeMkv files are compact. For exactly the same content MKV files are about 10% smaller than DVD files and roughly 40% smaller than Blu-ray files.
The new Version of MakeMKV v1.10.4 (11.12.2016) is more prominent in:
- Program produced damaged MKV files if source was a 3D Blu-ray disc
- Fixed various compilation issues for OSS code
- MakeMKV contains files that are very small compared to Blu-ray or DVD
- There are no bug and errors in newly released software.
- full version allows you to save instead of just stream
MakeMkv is amazing software to create a huge collection of home movies, video clips, and any other video file you want to convert into MKV format.