Fences is a software tool which is developed by the Stardock Company for windows that help to organize icon on the desktop simply by installing it. Once Fences are installed to windows all the items are divided into groups such as “programs”, Folders, files, and documents. These fences can be individually created, named, moved, and resized and positioned anywhere on the screen and can include scrollbars to provide access to additional icons.
Across the world, over 5 million users depend on the Fences to keep their Pc desktop in an organized manner of their programs & files that are used mostly.
- Fences can be used on modern high DPI monitors.
- Fences enable you to create shaded areas on your desktop.
- Double click the desktop to hide or show icons.
- Fences can create multiple pages on your desktop where you can quickly swipe between them with this feature you can able to organize programs documents and websites.
- Desktop Quick hide will instantly allow cleaning up your desktop by double click on any blank space on the desktop the icons will fade out & disappear and when you click back again the faded icons will appear as usual. Sometimes when required you can even pick icons and individual fences to execute.
- Fences can act as a new Folder Portal on your PC where you can view and organize the contents of any folder as a fence on your desktop.
- You can customize your fences and quickly personalize the labels background colors and transparency for the easy to use configuration menu.
Technical Setup Details for Fences:
Setup File Size: 9.5MB
Setup Type: Offline Installer / Full Standalone Setup
Compatibility Architecture: 32 bit (x86) / 64 Bit (X64)
System Requirements for Fences:
Make sure that your PC meet the below Minimum System requirements to get the Fences Installed.
- Operating System: Windows XP/ Vista/7/8
- Memory (RAM): 256 MB of RAM Required
- Hard Disk: 100 MB of free space required
- Processor: Intel Pentinum4 or faster
- Fences can categorize desktop icons, in separate groups, automatically.
- Very easy to use
- Fully customizable icon boxes
- It is very flexible when it comes to associating specific types of icons with individual groups. You can hide all fences and folder portals instantly or switch between pages just like on a mobile phone.
- Fences and portals are created by drawing a rectangle, but this may hinder you a bit when selecting icons.
- You can’t add new shortcuts directly to boxes
- Doesn’t include themes
Fences is a nice software application with the smart and unique features Fences provides, a cluttered and messy desktop is turned into a clean and very well organized work space, in a matter of seconds.