Exact Audio Copy (EAC) is a music Extractor / Ripping of Audio CD program for Microsoft windows. It was firstly created by Andre wiethoff in Germany.
EAC Consist of 3 different extraction methods Secure, Fast and Burst extraction. Exact Audio Copy also offers CD write support for some drives and can automatically detect drive features. The program comes with a setup wizard that asks you plain English questions, rather than technical details, making it easy to use, even for new users.
EAC is used to convert the tracks on standard audio CDs to WAV files, which can then be transcoded into other formats.
The main differences between EAC and most other audio grabbers are:
- It is free (for non-commercial purposes)
- It works with a technology, which reads audio CDs almost perfectly. If there are any errors that can’t be corrected, it will tell you on which time position the (possible) distortion occurred, so you could easily control it with e.g. the media player
Exact Audio Copy has helped from the problems like jitter correction, distortions on CD-ROM drives by usage of different technologies like multi-reading with verifying and Accurate Rip.
Some of the Features of EAC are:
- All types of CD and DVD drives are supported.
- EAC can be able to copy ranges of music data, not only tracks.
- Synchronizing between tracks for non-accurate stream drives.
- Record and loop record functions for recording from LP, radio, etc.
- Compression offset support for exact compression/decompression
- Detection of pre-track gaps
- Detection of silence in pre-track gaps
- EAC can do auto renaming of MP3 files according to their ID3 tag.
- Multi-session support, CD- Text Support, CD-write support is provided.
- EAC will help to Browse and edit local database
EAC uses the below specified basic technologies for Grabbing or Audio Ripping.
- Extraction technology
- Accurate Rip
- Gap Technology
- Automatic Feature detection technology
- Track Synchronization technology
- Offset Technology
Apart from these EAC also includes a small wave editor which has some function that could be very easy when handling extracted audio files.
EAC can also retrieve and recover data from scratched discs. EAC Exact Audio Copy will allow you to make digital copies of your audio CDs, allowing you to listen to your favorite music on the PC without having to continually change CDs, as well as having it back up in case the CD is damaged.
- Handles CD imperfections and scratches with ease.
- Requires LAME Encoder to encode MP3’s.