DeskScapes 8 is a program that allows users to customize their desktop wallpaper and screensavers with pictures and video to create visually amazing results.
DeskScapes 8 has been created by Stardock Company, which gives the capability to animate and also customize the wallpaper on your window desktop. DeskScapes includes DreamMaker where the user can design their own animated wallpaper called Dream. DeskScapes you can change your desktop in many ways and make it look exactly how you want it. DeskScapes 8 now supports Windows 8 and features an all-new user interface to make customizing your desktop wallpapers easier than ever
DeskScapes 8 Updated Features:
- Windows 8 support (Windows 7 also supported)
- Windows 8-ready Dream Library on WinCustomize
- Use your own pictures and videos as wallpapers
- Apply a dream as your PC screensaver
- Apply over 40 special effects to your desktop
- Re-color your existing wallpapers
- Support for custom wallpapers on each monitor
DeskScapes 8 System Requirements:
- Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit) in versions (Home, Basic, Premium, Ultimate, Business, Enterprise) and Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 3.
Note: Windows Vista Ultimate users do not need to purchase DeskScapes to run Dream files. Just download the free 30 day Trial Version from here.
- Minimum Requirements: Windows 7/Vista users must have support for DirectX 9 graphics with a WDDM driver, 128 MB of graphics memory, Pixel Shader 2.0 and 32-bit color. The video card must have a Windows Experience Index Graphics score of 2.0 or better.
- Minimum Requirements: Windows XP users must have a card supporting DirectX 9, 128 MB of graphics memory, Pixel Shader 2.0 and 32-bit color. In addition, only machines running a PCIe (PCI Express) or AGP 8x video card are recommended. AGP 4x/2x will not be supported.
- Windows 7/Vista/XP (32 bit).
- 1GHz Processor (CPU).
- 50 MB Available System Memory (RAM).
- 100 MB Available Hard Drive Space.
DeskScapes 8 is software which needs less space than an average in the category Desktop customization software. It is the commonly used software in countries such as China, United States, and Turkey.The user interface is easy to navigate. A welcome screen shows you about the bottom panels to personalize backgrounds where you can just select & use wallpaper which can be an image, a video or hybrid.
Background filter can be done through rating or apply random background or recolor your existing wallpaper. With Deskscapes 8 application you can change the wallpaper setting and also set the number of shapes need to be displayed at once, the speed of animation or can create the slideshow as well can hide the object in a picture.
Customize of wallpaper can be done through Deskscaps by adding image effects like Alien World, Black and White, a blue channel only, blue sky filter, burn effect, canvas texture, desaturate, grayscale, sepia, mirror or snow.
DeskScapes 8 Pros:
- It is easy to use and incredibly.
- It can be accessed at any time by right-clicking on the desktop and choosing Configure DeskScapes
- There are many static and animated wallpapers available in DeskScapes, but you can download even more backgrounds from WinCustomize
DeskScapes 8 Cons:
- It doesn’t have that many animated wallpapers
- Sometimes the animated wallpapers stop moving (on windows 10 at least)
- Objects take a few seconds to load after you click them, and the program froze