Apache Open Office is the leading open-source office software suite. It is a completely free of charge and consist of software for text editing, table calculations, presentations, drawing programs, database management and formula editing.
Apache open office is the registered trademark of the Apache Software foundation in the United States and other countries.
Apache open office (AOO) as matching component programs that are full support for Microsoft Office file formats. OpenOffice read and write files in the Open Document Format (ODF). Microsoft also supports ODF, but not nearly as well as OpenOffice supports Microsoft file formats like Docx, pptx, and xlsx. It also supports early Office formats and common formats like RTF and txt.
It contains Writer (word processing)
Impress (presentation application)
Draw (vector graphics and drawing application)
Math (formula editor, equations) Base (databases Management)
Apache Open office is developed for Linux, OS X, and windows. It is available in many Languages and works on all computers which store the data in an international open standard format
Apache OpenOffice files are based on the international standard OASIS Open Document Format (ODF) for office documents first created in 2006 (ISO/IEC 26300).
Getting Apache Openoffice:
This can be downloaded from here
Also, we can get the apache open office software DVD/CD from the market can be installed on the computer by following the installation & registration process.
After installation OpenOffice, click on the OpenOffice icon on the desktop and start the work what you want to do.
Apache Open Office Pros:
- Easy to use, features are great, much better than Microsoft Office.
- Apache OpenOffice is supported by a Global community
- Apache Openoffice is free software which can be installed on as many as computers you want.
- Used for different purposes like private educational government and public administration and commercial
Apache Open Office Cons:
- Compatibility – files created on Apache Open office won’t display 100% exactly
- No user-level support
- Apache open office requires an add-on for grammar checking