Hotspot shield is a freeware program that can be used to encrypt your data and protects your entire web surfing session. It keeps your connection secure at both your home Internet network and Public Internet networks (wired and wireless). It also protects your identity by ensuring that all web transactions such as shopping, filling out forms, etc. are secured through HTTPS. By re-routing Web traffic and providing you with a new IP address hosted by Anchor Free, the company is able to ensure that your data isn’t plucked out of the open by man-in-the-middle attacks or wireless network spoofing.
In order to secure your connection, it creates a Virtual Private Network between your computer and the Hotspot Shield developer’s website. This impenetrable tunnel prevents snoopers, hackers, ISP’s, from viewing your web browsing activities, instant messages, downloads, credit card information or anything else you send over the network.
- A green and red shield in your system tray indicates when Hotspot Shield is and is not connected
- The VPN is encrypted with 128 bit SSL encryption so that you can surf safely without worrying about others intercepting your data
- Unless you choose to sign into a certain site, you will be anonymous for your entire web session
- Keeps your internet connection well secured
- Access all content privately without censorship; bypass firewalls
- Protect yourself from snoopers at Wi-Fi hotspots, hotels, airports, corporate offices.
- May allow you to watch sites restricted in your region
- Easy to use and install
- Operating Systems – Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Mac OS X (10.5 Leopard), Mac OS X (10.6 Snow Leopard), Mac OS X (10.7 Lion).