The next version of Microsoft Windows, Windows 8 is a series of operating systems introduced by Microsoft for use on personal computers, including home and business desktops, laptops, Microsoft Tablet PCs, and Home theatre PCs. It has been designed in a manner which enables the users to stay better connected. Inspired by Microsoft’s Metro design language used for multiple input methods, the software includes a new user interface, including touchscreen input similar to that in Windows Phone.
Key Features of Windows 8:
- Rapid Boot Time – Thanks to better resource allocations to applications and the system, there is a significant improvement in the load and boot up speed when compared to the predecessors of Windows
- Novel & Dynamic Desktop – includes a tiles-based interface, which seems to go automatically with touchscreen devices like tablets and smartphones. Your grid can also be customized with the addition and arrangement of applications
- Improved Search Function – the search pane on the right of your desktop contains the list of apps from which the search can be conducted
- Windows Live Syncing – Using ‘Live ID’, users can login on any Windows 8 PC and gain access to their own personalized settings on it. It is therefore a lot easier if a new PC migrated when all the essential settings are kept well synced by the user
- Running two apps in Windows 8 side-by-side is made much easier by resizing them, and switching between them. An app can also be snapped into place on the right-hand side of the screen.
Windows 8 Review