Belarc Advisor is a program where a detailed profile of your software and hardware installed in your PC is created and alerting you in case of missing Microsoft hotfixes, your antivirus status, computer yardsticks, etc. By displaying the results in your web browser, this program is generally meant for beginners and professional users. Although it may take some time to gain an understanding of your PC information, it is well worth the effort since you can also be directed to official support information, enabling you to fix the problem then and there.
- Once opened, your computer is scanned by the tool for all the information it requires. While in the process of scanning, you are kept informed of the progress. Once everything is done, the results get displayed in your default web browser
- The profile information of your PC is kept confidential and is sent to any web server
- Provides rollover information for everything from network mapping and software versions to license keys and user accounts
- A guide to the symbols used in the report is provided such as system benchmarking. Upon clicking though to new pages, results are displayed, including explanation of the tests
- Operating Systems -Runs on Windows 7, Vista, 2003, XP, 2000, NT 4, Me, 98, and 95.
- Browsers – Requires IE 3 or Netscape 3, and higher versions. Also runs on Opera, Mozilla, and Firefox.
- The re-organize results look complicated and difficult to comprehend
- Although it provides total and well-explained information, there is too much of it, some of which might overwhelm users.
Belarc Advisor Review