AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 is a reliable antivirus and antispyware protection for Windows which can be downloaded freely. Apart from this, web pages are checked for threats when the link is about to be clicked by the newly introduced Link Scanner, Active Surf-Shield. The software is said to accomplish three tasks at once such as faster scans, easier to use and better performance.
- The most intolerable threats to your computer such as fake antivirus can be prevented by buying their license
- Automatic update functionality
- Real-time protection is provided by the AVG Resident Shield, which prevents files from being opened and programs to be run
- The AVG E-mail Scanner keeps your e-mail well protected
- The users can also perform scheduled and manual tests, thanks to the AVG On-Demand Scanner
- Free Virus Database Updates for the lifetime of the product
- AVG Virus Vault for safe handling of infected files
- Award-winning antivirus and antispyware
- Real-time safe internet surfing and searching
- Scans may be well prioritized by a built-in system resource manager which offers smart scanning technology, wherein the scan is automatically restricted while the computer is being used and more power is provided to the scan as and when computer idling is detected
- System can be checked for registry and disk errors using PC Analyzer tool, which enables users to detect errors but not repair errors. Apart from this, the basic security of a computer remains unaffected, while more functionality is provided
- Operating systems – Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- File size – 3.7MB
- Infected files can be safely handled, thanks to AVG Virus Vault.