It is quite an expensive affair to replace a water-damaged iPhone. In case of an Apple iPhone, it is stated that the warranty does not even cover the water damage. Any iPhone that has water damage has a pink circle on the bottom of the phone. Nevertheless, there are quite some ways which can save an iPhone from water damage. It is important that a wet iPhone should never be turned on and must be completely dry before turning it on. The water content will cause it to short-circuit; damaging it further and it will never turn on again.
Here are a few instructions to save Apple iPhone from water damage:
1. The excess water needs to shacked off out of the iPhone
2. Pass air through the iPhone using the blow dryer on low heat for about 15 to 20 minutes
3. The iPhone should then be placed in the bottom of a zip-lock bag/pouch
4. The bag must be filled with rice in such a way that the iPhone is completely covered. It must be left that way in the bag for at least three days
5. After three days, remove the iPhone from the bag and blow air through it with the blow dryer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes
6. Air-dry the iPhone by setting it on a towel for at least 24 hours. Gently shake the iPhone. If no water comes out, doubly ensure that it’s completely dry. It is then considered safe to turn on.