Google Translate is a statistical machine translation service from Google that is offered free of charge. Google translate app has the ability to translate a section of text, document or internet page into yet another language as per the user’s requirement.
This free translation service is now made available for iPhone users via an application called,Google Translate app for iPhone. This app also features comparable features of the internet application.For most of the languages, Google Translate app also has the option of the user speaking their phrases and listening to their corresponding translations, apart from having the translations spoken out loud in one of 23 different languages.
Google Translate App Features:
- 57 languages of text translation are supported.
- With a voice input for 15 languages, it has the ability to translate by speaking the text instead of typing it.
- Translation history can be accessed even when offline.
- The translations could be displayed in full screen mode, thereby making it easier for others in the vicinity of the system to read.
- Favourite translations could also be star marked for fast access even when the user is offline.
- The app also enables phonetic translation, wherein the translation of non-Latin script languages like Chinese, Japanese, etc. can be spelt out in Latin characters such as Pinyin, Romaji, etc.
- Google app also displays extra dictionary results for single words or short phrases.