One of the biggest threat of using a computer or mobile devices is virus infection. Therefore antivirus software has become a must-have tool for many computer and mobile users, thereby acting like a layer to defend from different malicious programs like virus, Trojan, worm, adware, malware, rootkit contagions, etc.
Best online antivirus scanners:
1. avast! Online Scanner – enables the user to upload a single file and gives the results in few seconds. You can upload many files zipped together in single ZIP archive, with the total size of the file being uploaded not exceeding more than 16MB size.
2. Panda ActiveScan 2.0 – detects and disinfects all types of malware including virus, worms, Trojans, ad/spyware, rootkits, etc.Its integration with Genetic Heuristics Engine ensures detection of unknown malware and new variants, while specialized heuristics detect cybercrime and identity theft Trojans. It also detects actively running rootkits with Anti-rootkit technology.
3. McAfee Free Scan – detect thousands of viruses on your computer, including the latest known “in the wild” viruses, while also displaying a detailed list of any infected files. It uses ActiveX components to initiate scanning and also provides links to information about the virus which advices what can be done to clean your system.
4. Symantec Security Check – enables users to test their computer’s exposure to a wide range of on-line threats. Scans and diagnoses whether your computer system is already infected with a virus.
5. F-Secure Online Scanner – helps eliminate the viruses and malware resulting in issues on the Personal Computer.
6. Kaspersky File Scanner – if a doubtful file is found on the machine, or a suspected program that could be malicious is downloaded from the World Wide Web, this software checks the files.
7. BitDefender On-line Scanner – an on-request antivirus and antispyware instrument which will scan and independently clear the system memory, all files and drives’ boot sectors from all types of malware.
8. Trend Micro HouseCall – Distinguishes and fixes a wide range of menaces incorporating viruses, worms, Trojans, and malware.
9. Virustotal – a service that researches doubtful files and helps the rapid detection of viruses, worms, Trojans and all types of adware identified by antivirus engines.
10. Jotti’s Adware Scan – a free on-line service which allows you to scan doubtful files with few anti-virus programs.
11. ESET On-line Scanner – an easy to use, free and powerful instrument which removes adware from any PC, utilizing only the browser without needing to set up anti-virus software.
12. CA Menace Scanner – scans the PC for viruses and malware that could identify adware menaces from the browser.
13. VirSCAN.org – a free online scan service, which checks uploaded files for adware, utilizing antivirus engines, specified in the VirSCAN list.
14. NanoScan – removes viruses, malware, Trojans from personalized homepages as NetVibes, iGoogle.
15. Rising Antivirus – a free edition of antivirus solution and a simple program which runs low on the memory and does every bit of task that every other Antivirus software does. It protects computers against all types of viruses, Trojans, worms, rootkits and other malicious programs, thereby providing full protection to your account information.