Lookout Mobile Security provides automated protection to mobile users from malware and features key security options that are unique to the mobile market. Apart from the antivirus and anti-malware tech, it also features a service called lost and stolen phone locator,an application privacy adviser, and a backup service.
The application features an intuitive user-friendly interface with three panels that show the modes of protection and their status. The application offers a mobile anti-virus scanner, wherein mobile viruses which pose as potential threats are to be scanned bypressing the “run virus scan” button, which scans all applications for viruses. Whenever a new application is downloaded, the scanner self-activates itself and scans the specific applications.
Personal data including contacts, photos, videos, e-mails and text messages can be successfully backed up. It features a browser-based dashboard, where data can be managed and reviewed. The dashboard also has the ability to track the phone in the event of theft.
Lookout mobile security sounds an alarm, similar to a scream just to scare away the thief. Remote-wipe of the device is also enabled, so that personal and other data remains inaccessible to the thief. Automatic data back-ups and anti-virus scans can be scheduled, without worrying about your phone not being up-to-date in case of an emergency.
- Blocking of malware, spyware, and phishing apps.
- Daily or weekly scheduledsecurity scans.
- Automatic protection against the latest threats.
- Prevention of virus transfer from your phone to your PC.
- Lightweight and battery efficient, unlike other antivirus apps.
- Ability to locate lost or stolen phone on a Google map.
- Enables remoteGPS which can find lost phone.
- Securely backs up personal information.
- Data restoration to an existing phone.